SolidCAM’s Powerful 5 Axis Simultaneous Milling
Supplied BySolidCAM UK LtdAdded to MTD CNC: Wed Feb 05 2020
SolidCAM UK Ltd, is the UK and Ireland reseller of SolidCAM and InventorCAM, suite of CAD/CAMsoftware for manufacturing from SolidCAM – The Leaders in
Benefit from the most tested and proven 5-axis CNC milling tool paths in the industry, with a very straight-forward user interface, and the most advanced control over all aspects of tool path and collision checking.
- SolidCAM’s Sim. 5x features specific solutions for SWARF, Multiblade, Port, Contour 5x, Multiaxis drill, Conversion of HSM to Sim 5x, Multiaxis roughing and Rotary machining.
- Flowline cutting gives you a tool path that follows the natural shape of the component – you will find this particularly useful with blade type components.
- Sim. 5x uses multiple advanced Tool Tilting Control to provide you with unlimited control of tool angles.
- Multi-surface finish allows you to select multiple faces/surfaces providing you with full control of your machining for the smoothest surface finish.
- Multi-pass roughing techniques provide multiple cut increments along, and perpendicular to the tool vector, with the option to contain to boundaries and trim to stock.
- Keep your Tool and Holder safe with multiple, automatic Gouge Avoidance strategies that check each part of the tool assembly (shank, arbor, and holder) to the drive and check surfaces.
- Get the whole picture with realistic 3D Machine Simulation, complete with comprehensive collision and axis limit checking.
- SolidCAM’s 5-Axis machining supports all your rotary kinematics, including Table/Table, Table/Head and Head/Head configurations as well as the latest multi-function Mill-Turn machining centers.
Sim. 5x Operations
Five operations have been added to the Sim. 5x module: Multiblade machining, Port machining and Contour 5-axis machining, Multiaxis roughing, and Rotary machining making it the most powerful system in the industry.
SolidCAM takes the frustration and complexity out of machining multiblade impellers, wheels and disks with the new Multiblade Machining module, which includes operations for roughing and finishing each part of these complex shapes. This module is specifically designed to easily generate the necessary tool paths for various multiblade configurations – you can even machine all blade surfaces in a single operation.
The Port Machining module enables you to easily machine ports with standard or tapered lollipop tools, and has collision checks for the entire tool assembly (shank, arbor, and holder). You can choose from several strategies including cutting the top only or bottom only. Port Machining uses 3-axis machining as far into the port as possible, and then switches to 5-axis motion. The system automatically overlaps top/bottom strategies to ensure smooth transitions where the tool paths meet. Both roughing and finishing tool paths are provided and stock can be represented as castings or billet.