SolidCAM 2.5D Milling
Supplied BySolidCAM UK LtdAdded to MTD CNC: Wed Feb 05 2020
SolidCAM UK Ltd, is the UK and Ireland reseller of SolidCAM and InventorCAM, suite of CAD/CAMsoftware for manufacturing from SolidCAM – The Leaders in
Powerful and easy to create 2.5D CNC milling tool paths, with full interactive control and feature recognition, working directly inside your CAD system. A cycle toolbox provides specialized, preset sub-operations for slots, corners, bosses.
SolidCAM puts the most powerful 2.5D programming solution at your fingertips, right inside your CAD system. SolidCAM looks, feels and performs like your existing CAD system. In addition to its powerful 2.5D milling Profiling,
Pocketing and Drilling operations, SolidCAM’s 2.5D module includes:
- Simplified geometry selection using CAD sketches, auto-feature recognition and advanced chaining functions (Offsetting, Trimming, Extensions) enable changes in geometry without changing the CAD model
- Working directly on parts, assemblies, and sketch geometry to define your CNC machining operations
- Rest material machining cuts the remaining material left after a larger tool pass
- Chamfering, using the same geometry defined in Profile or Pocket operations
- Thread Milling operation for machining of standard internal and external threads.
- Special operations for machining side slots with undercuts by a T-slot tool
- Engraving single line or True Type (double stroke) fonts on flat and wrapped faces using fill areas strategies (Hatch/Contour) and mid-line engraving.
- 3D Contouring to drive the tool along a 3D curve, cutting the part at different depths
- Capability to machine geometry wrapped around a rotation axis by transforming linear movement to rotary movement
- Ability to easily program in 2.5D with the assistance of comprehensive, graphically intensive help functions