ESPRIT CAM-Software: ProfitMilling
Supplied ByESPRIT CAM LTDAdded to MTD CNC: Mon Jul 20 2020
Machining may be our industry, but we’ve got the fast-moving spirit of a tech company. Established in 1982 by industry veterans Dan Frayssinet and Pau...
High-speed machining with ESPRIT’s patented ProfitMilling® cycles for 2.5-, 3-, 4-, and 5-axis roughing significantly reduces cycle times and dramatically increases tool life. The ProfitMilling strategy combines optimized, high-speed toolpath patterns, chip thinning with light radial engagements and full depths of cut, and dynamically optimized feed rates to maintain consistent chip loads and minimized cutting forces throughout the cut. This results in increased productivity and reduced operating costs. When compared to conventional machining, ProfitMilling delivers:
- 75% cycle-time reduction
- 500% increase in tool life
The ProfitMilling cycle’s dramatic improvements in cycle time and tool life are the results of a patented method of cycle optimization that produces consistent chip loads and reduced cutting forces. The optimized, high-speed toolpath patterns reduce the need for rapid machine accelerations and abrupt changes in direction which would otherwise negatively affect chip loads and increase cutting forces. A chip thinning technique cuts at full axial depth and reduced radial width, allowing significantly higher feed rates. To maintain the programmed chip load throughout the cut, the ProfitMilling cycle dynamically adapts the actual feed rate to account for the geometry and toolpath variances. Offset, spiraling, and trochoidal motions reduce the need for rapid machine acceleration or deceleration, increasing the overall velocity. Therefore, the programmed feed rate is easier for the CNC to attain and overall material removal rates are maximized.
High-speed cycle allows for deeper cuts while increasing cutting speeds, resulting in shorter cycle times and longer tool life.
- Initial spiral out motion creates a larger opening faster for better chip evacuation
- Smooth toolpath patterns with blended transitions
- Trochoidal slotting strategy for a constant chip load
- Corner picking to eliminate chatter and provide a constant tool-engagement angle
- Optional slotting strategy with reduced incremental depth passes
- Optimized transitional moves with small Z lifts to reduce drag
- Full-depth cuts reduce multiple incremental depth passes
- Dynamically optimized feed rate during the cut
Watch here, how Kennametal´s new tool is powered by ProfitMilling.